ALLERGY AND ASTHMA ALERT: Very hot temperatures are expected through this weekend. All of North and Central Texas is under an Excessive Heat Warning today through Sunday. Temperatures will rise to well past the century mark each afternoon, with temperatures likely to reach record levels in many locations. Click here for the National Weather Service Fort Worth/Dallas, TX forecast.
Hot, humid air can be an allergy and asthma risk. Also, heat and sunlight may combine with pollutants to create ground-level ozone.
- Limit your time outside or plan outdoor activities for early morning or evening, when ozone and temperatures are lowest.
- Use air conditioning, if you have it.
- When you go out, keep your quick-relief inhaler with you at all times.
- Do not leave your inhaler behind in the car or let it sit in the hot sun.
- Make sure your asthma action plan is up-to-date
Our board-certified allergist and staff are here to answer your questions and concerns. Contact us today at 972.539.0086 or email@example.com.