Your FAAC Providers care about your health and encourage you to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine
|COVID-19 vaccines are safe|
|· COVID-19 vaccines were developed using science that has been around for decades.
· COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental. They went through all the required stages of clinical trials. Extensive testing and monitoring have shown that these vaccines are safe and effective.
· COVID-19 vaccines have received and continue to undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history
|COVID-19 vaccines are effective|
|· COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
· COVID-19 vaccines also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
· Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you, particularly people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
The Delta variant causes more infections and spreads faster than earlier forms of the virus that causes COVID-19. It might cause more severe illness than previous strains in unvaccinated people.
||· Vaccines continue to be highly effective at preventing hospitalization and death, including against this variant.
· Fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from this variant appear to be infectious for a shorter period.
· Get vaccinated and wear masks indoors in public spaces to reduce the spread of this variant.
|Immune Compromised? We recommend the COVID-19 Booster Vaccine.|
|If you have already had the COVID-19 Vaccine and have a compromised immune system, you can now get a third shot to boost your protection from COVID-19. We strongly recommend you receive the COVID-19 Booster Vaccine. If you would like to schedule your COVID-19 Booster at FAAC, please send us a message through your patient portal. If you go elsewhere for the COVID-19 Booster and are told you need a prescription, please advise us through your patient portal, and we will assist you.|
Do We Recommend COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens – Yes we do!
|Children 12 years and older can receive the Pfizer Vaccine. COVID-19 in children is usually milder than in adults; however, some kids can get very sick and have complications or long-lasting symptoms that affect their health and well-being.
Children can be:
· Infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
|Our goal at Family Allergy & Asthma Care is to offer you quality health care that keeps you healthy!|